Business and Real Estate Services.
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE LAW
SK Legal Counsel provides entrepreneurs and established business entities with the following services:
- Incorporation of a business
- Purchase, Sale, Transfer or Dissolution of a business
- Contract Reviews / Purchase & Sale Agreements/Loan Agreements/Secured Transactions and mediation/Negotiation of disputes and breach of contract issues.
- Drafting Employee Handbooks/Employee Contracts
- Stock Option Plans
- Private Placement Memorandums
- Obtaining 501c3 Tax Exemptions
- Intellectual Property, Trademark & Copyright Registration
- Establishing a presence in California for out of state and foreign companies.
We represent both franchisors and franchisees in obtaining, developing and successfully complying with all areas of franchise law, including:
- Franchise Disclosure Document (Offering Circulars)
- Master and sub-franchise agreements
- Area development agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Purchase, sale or transfer of a franchise
- Compliance with FTC regulations
- State registrations
- Software, equipment and copyright agreements
- Trademark and use agreements
- Leases and property agreements
REAL ESTATE LAW
Our firm recognizes the regulatory challenges and assists you in structuring your real estate transaction to maximize its potential and minimize your risk.
SK Legal Counsel provides efficient representation in both commercial and residential real estate matters. We assist in all phases of real estate transactions, including purchase, sale, development and management.
Our service list includes but is not limited to:
- Acquisition, Construction and Design
- Asset Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Co-ownership agreements
- Licensing and Franchising
- Easement agreements for water, electricity, drainage, access and gas
- Equipment leases
- Retail, office, industrial, commercial and residential leases
- Commercial and residential leases
- Real property sales and transfers
- Security instruments
Our firm assists both commercial and residential landlords and tenants with residential issues. We advise on the legal standards and requirements placed upon landlords to represent you efficiently.
We draft and file all documents necessary to assist you and provide you with representation through your complaint, at trial, and through post-judgment filings.
Our services include:
- Evictions Notices
- Unlawful Detainer Filings
- Leases (Residential and Commercial)
- Default Related Document Filings
Our firm represents and counsel’s clients seeking protection through the following types of bankruptcies:
- Chapter 7 (Liquidation)
- Chapter 11 (Business Reorganization)
- Chapter 13 (Private Reorganization)